Everybody wants to save money, especially homeowners. If you run a household, you would definitely know that there are a lot of things to be bought just to keep it in shape. You need food, supplies, appliances, and other tools in order to transform your house into a home.
So if a product presents itself and proves to be affordable, we would almost always take it home. After all, we do need the extra cash to buy other things. That’s why it is always a breath of fresh air to find products that are both affordable and efficient. This combination does not necessarily go hand in hand these days.
The same can be said for garbage disposal units. There are a lot of cheap ones out there, and it’s easy to get fooled by a price tag, but not every unit gives you a high quality service.
The Waste King 1001 Garbage Disposal Legend Series is one of those models that give you more value for what you paid for, and on this article we will explore everything that makes it worthy of your purchase.
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF Waste King 1001
Without compromising its service quality, this disposer comes at an affordable price of a little under $80 dollars. That price tag is usually attached to disposers that have 1/3 HP, but this one actually runs on a 1/2 HP motor!
This means it can grind up chunks of food that are slightly more stubborn than what your 1/3 HP disposer can handle. It may not be the most powerful grinder, but it is definitely not the weakest either. It also works at quite a nice speed, reaching 2,600 RPM effortlessly, while the rest of its competitors can barely reach 2,000. With its decent motor power and speed, this can do most shredding jobs effectively.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES OF Waste King 1001
For the incredibly low price, you would think that a decent speed and power is the only thing it can provide, but then you would be mistaken. This Waste King 1001 Garbage Disposal comes with a removable splash guard, so that you can easily clean the insides when the power is off.
It also has a corrosion-resist feature, which as the name suggests, prevents corrosion, thereby enhancing the model’s durability. That ensures a long-lasting service. Additionally, it is safe to use with properly sized septic tanks, so if you have that system running, you can still use the unit. To back it up, the manufacturers give you a two-year warranty so that you won’t have to worry about unexpected break downs.
PROS AND CONS OF Waste King 1001
The biggest advantage that this Waste King 1001 Garbage Disposal has over its competitors is its incredible price. With its impressive array of bonus features, you can tell that you are really getting a great deal. That leaves you with more money to purchase other household essentials.
There have been a few complaints, however, that this Waste King 1001 model is not very easy to install. So if you are not exactly sure about what to do, you may be better off with seeking professional assistance during the installation process.
- HIGH-SPEED MOTOR: The 1/2 HP, 2600 RPM (115v) permanent magnet motor jams less. Has dishwasher hookup
- EASY INSTALLATION AND CLEANING: EZ Mount for a quick and easy kitchen sink installation, removable splashguard for easy cleaning
- 2 YEAR PROTECTION: 2-year Limited. Corrosion resistant grinding components
- NO ELECTRICAL EXPERTISE NEEDED: Pre-installed power cord, no electrical work required
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Compact and lightweight garbage disposer saves space under the sink
- CONTINUOUS FEED DISPOSAL: Activated by a wall switch, the disposal quickly grinds food waste continuously as it runs.Grind chamber capacity:27.3 oz
- NOTE FROM THE MANUFACTURER: Customers may receive product with the original brand logo or updated logo and packaging.