Garbage disposals aren’t as complicated as one ought them to be. And if you want to properly manage your waste, having a garbage disposal is definitely a must. Installing the unit does not have to be that long. It would take only an hour or two especially if a professional does it. How do you install garbage disposal?
Here is a step by step guide to install garbage disposal:
- Step 1: Turn off the power and make sure that you remove the drain lines. You have to know if unit fits. After that, loosen the nut that is located at the sink flange. Gently push the body of the strainer.
- Step 2: The next step is to loosen the screws. Use a screwdriver in removing the putty from the sink opening. You can also use rag to make sure that they are removed. You can then loosen the screws using screwdriver so you can access the snap ring.
- Step 3: Once you have access to the snap ring, remove it. Take it off from the flange. Separate the different parts apart.
- Step 4: Apply putty. Put it around the opening of the sink and make sure that you put it firmly.
- Step 5: Slip the mounting ring as you hold the gasket and the backup ring. Put a rubber hand to ensure that the parts are all in place.
- Step 6: Once everything is in place, you can then install the snap ring. Just slide it up the flange.
- Step 7: Before you connect it to the dishwasher line, turn it on the side and push the plug.
- Step 8: Remove the ring and the gasket. Turn it upside down to get the plug. Replace the ring and gasket by turning it upright. Put a wire clamp once you have finally located the electrical hole.
- Step 9: Remove the hole cover and connect the wires.
- Step 10: Replace the cover and put the wires into the hole.
- Step 11: Mount the garbage disposal system and install the drain lines.
Installing does not have to take that really long. And although it might appear to be easy and straightforward to install garbage disposal, you might as well call for a professional to do it. At least they know the right way to do it.