“The Evolution Series garbage disposals are the world’s most advanced food waste disposers.” At least, that’s what the advertisers over at InSinkErator would have you believe. But of course, while it’s true that not all garbage disposal units were made equal. We still have to look at each product with a critical eye. This is exactly what we would do to the InSinkErator Septic Assist 3/4 HP Household Garbage Disposer.We will explore its capabilities as well as limitations, in order to determine whether or not it is truly worth your money.
We will also try to uncover the reasons that lead the manufacturers to believe that this belongs among some of the world’s most advanced disposers. Let’s have a closer look.
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF InSinkErator Septic Assist
As its name suggests, this model’s most noticeable trait is that it is compatible with septic systems. Not a lot of disposers specifically aim for that market. So it is refreshing to find one that goes directly for that kind of system.
If you own a septic tank, you’ve probably realized how uncommon it is to find garbage disposal units that are suitable for it. InSinkErator Septic Assist has 3/4 HP of pure grinding action, which lets you turn food waste into mush.
The InSinkErator Septic Assist Household Garbage Disposer is designed to be the ideal choice for homes with septic systems. So if you plan on using a disposer on a daily basis, and you run a septic system, then this is the way to go.
InSinkErator Septic Assist has a 40 oz stainless steel grind chamber which not only provides additional strength, but also durability.
The grind components within this InSinkErator Septic Assist are also conveniently made of stainless steel instead of galvanized steel, thus ensuring longevity. By simply choosing this unit, you ensure that you wouldn’t need to find a replacement model any time soon.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES OF InSinkErator Septic Assist
Wanting to give septic systems the best possible option, InSinkErator loaded this unit with a bunch of great features to help finally seal the deal.
One example is the SoundSeal Technology that it uses to deliver a quiet performance. Who says you have to deal with the noise of blades shredding waste?
It also makes use of a MultiGrind system, wherein the food bits go through two stages of grinding.
Lastly, it has this unique Bio-Charge feature, which is basically an enzyme treatment that keeps your septic system fresh, and odor-free. It also helps the grinding process by injecting millions of microorganisms that break down the food waste. This is automatically activated every time the disposer is operated.
PROS AND CONS OF InSinkErator Septic Assist
All of these nifty features are bundled in an affordable disposer that currently goes for a price of less than $210 dollars.
With almost no disadvantage other than the fact that it is more expensive than 1/2 HP and 1/3 HP units. This is another demonstration of InSinkErator at its finest form.
- GARBAGE DISPOSAL: While all of our disposals are septic friendly, the Evolution Septic Assist garbage disposal adds extra confidence to homes with septic systems. Bio-Charge, an automatic injection of microorganisms, helps break down food waste.
- QUIET BUT POWERFUL: This innovative food waste disposal features advanced noise reducing SoundSeal Technology, our exclusive, long lasting 3/4 hp Dura-Drive Induction Motor, and 2-Stage Multigrind Technology to handle the toughest food scraps.
- AMERICA’S #1 DISPOSER BRAND: There are more American-built InSinkErator garbage disposals in US homes than all other brands combined. A full line of models means there’s one right for every need and budget.
- FASTER, CLEANER, SMARTER: From meal prep to cleanup, InSinkErator helps make it fast & easy to keep your kitchen clean with our iconic appliances: garbage disposals & instant hot water dispensers.
- A HISTORY OF INNOVATION FOR THE SINK: We invented garbage disposals in 1927, & we’re the world’s largest manufacturer of garbage disposals & instant hot water dispensers for home & commercial use.