Sometimes we need to get rid of simple food waste by pushing it down the sink. This can be a minor problem since we don’t often stop to check how large the chunks are that are being released into our pipes. It could lead to clogging if we are careless enough.
This scenario could’ve been avoided if we only invested on a simple garbage disposal unit such as the InSinkErator BADGER 1 CORD Household Food Waste Disposer. This is perfect for homeowners who don’t plan on actively using the device, and simply want something that will shred smaller food chunks.
BASIC FUNCTION OF InSinkErator BADGER 1
If you don’t expect to use your disposer on a daily basis, you may be better off with this offering from InSinkErator. We recommend this model because it has 1/3 Horsepower. This is perfect for your not-so-demanding needs. That said you can’t expect this InSinkErator BADGER 1 to deliver a high-powered performance. This means it could have problems with harder chunks of food waste.
The low power is still suitable for soft food such as vegetables. Like most units on this level of power, it has the tendency of jamming very easily if it comes across a particularly stubborn bit of waste. Plan your purchase accordingly.
This InSinkErator BADGER 1 does not boast a lot of additional features. It does however provide a decent service despite its low power. This is all thanks to the galvanized steel grind system, which gives it enough power to shred the smallest bits of food waste effectively. If you are planning to just grind food that is already small enough, this is a great choice.
It is also quite small, as can be expected from a unit with 1/3 HP. This is because it utilizes a 26-ounce grind chamber that would fit nicely under your sink. This is perfect for tight households that need every inch of storage space available. If you need to stash something under the sink, that’s perfectly fine because this InSinkErator BADGER 1 won’t get in the way.
PROS AND CONS OF InSinkErator BADGER 1
The obvious advantages of this InSinkErator Badger 1, 1/3 HP Household Food Waste Disposer are its size and decent power. This is powerful enough if we’re talking about relatively low power units that will still get the job done.
The size gives you the freedom to store more items under the sink. Plus, given the fact that it is incredibly small, you will find it easy to install this InSinkErator BADGER 1 model, even on your own.
But the most important factor that will definitely convince you to go for this model is its affordable price. So this is the perfect choice if you are on a tight budget. This is truly the kind of model that makes everything easier on you.
The obvious disadvantage is its power. You shouldn’t go for this in the first place if you need something strong.
- RELIABLE & EASY INSTALL: Badger Series disposers are a reliable & functional choice when affordability is the prime concern, and features a compact, space-saving design that fits existing InSinkErator hardware for a quick and easy install.
- DURABLE COMPONENTS: This garbage disposal features our exclusive 1/3 hp Dura-Drive Induction Motor and long lasting galvanized steel components to ensure a dependable grind for everyday food scraps.
- AMERICA’S #1 DISPOSER BRAND: There are more American-built InSinkErator garbage disposals in US homes than all other brands combined. A full line of models means there’s one right for every need and budget.
- FASTER, CLEANER, SMARTER: From meal prep to cleanup, InSinkErator helps make it fast & easy to keep your kitchen clean with our iconic appliances: garbage disposals & instant hot water dispensers.
- A HISTORY OF INNOVATION FOR THE SINK: We invented garbage disposals in 1927, & we’re the world’s largest manufacturer of garbage disposals & instant hot water dispensers for home & commercial use.